Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Chickens



This week storytime was about chickens! The kids all wore chicken hats, graciously donated by my mother, who made them for a "hen" party pre-wedding. What surprised me was that I put on a chicken hat and told the kids if they also wanted to wear one they could come up and pick a color. Nobody budged. I made a fool of myself by making chicken noises until a few of the older kids put some on. Once the older kids had approved it, the younger ones had no problem looking like a silly chicken and all 22 of us had hats on. Out of all the books below, the one with the most audience participation was Bob. The craft took a bit longer, but there was a lot of cutting and logical thinking required to put the Little Red Hen together. All in all, we had a good time!
















Flannel Board Template

Craft Template

No comments:

Post a Comment