Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Collage Art


I kicked off a new monthly art series at my library on Saturday! We started with magazine collage art. It was very easy to prep and extremely easy to execute. I cut thin strips from donated magazines and made die cut shapes of animals on manilla paper. The kids glued (using glue sticks) the strips of paper to the die cuts, then flipped the die cuts over and cut along the outline of the shape. I then let them pick out any color of construction paper they would like and they glued their collage animal to it. I let them do as many as they could finish in an hour. I loved teaching them about how to collage and the other types of materials they can use. Everyone had a good time and they helped me clean up at the end (added bonus!)

I read this book to start so that everyone knew what making a collage means.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13000620-collages












Then I had instruction sheets on the board with picture examples in case anyone needed help remembering the steps. Here is what my finished project looked like:




No comments:

Post a Comment