Friday, March 23, 2012

I Love Chocolate!

My love for chocolate has now spilled over into storytime! This week I read books about chocolate cake, chocolate ice cream, and a chocolate factory.


I also used two flannel board rhymes "Birthday Cake Candles" and "Ice Cream Scoops." I like to make the kids count forwards and backwards using the tune of "Ten Little Indians" but changing it to whatever I am doing that day; in this case candles. For the first I sang the following rhyme and adapted the same rhyme for the second flannel board:

Birthday Candle Colors

If you have the red one, the red one, the red one
If you have the red one, put it on the cake.

Continue with:
Blue, Pink, Orange, Yellow, Brown, Black, Green, Gray, Purple
 
The craft for this storytime was a chocolate ice cream cone with glitter "sprinkles."


No comments:

Post a Comment