Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Sharing and Giving

This storytime was a bit challenging in that I had to find books that talked about sharing in a short and simple way. No long discussions or boring story lines, as I find some books that are trying to teach lessons can be. Here is what I came up with for family storytime this week:

Llama Llama Time to Share by Anna Dewdney
Bear Says Thanks by Karma Wilson
Martha Doesn't Share! by Samantha Berger
Dot and Dash Learn to Share by Emma Dodd (This is two short stories in one book, best for younger children. To plump it up I asked which type of animal each character was and had them explain why they are named "Tall" (giraffe), "Small" (mouse), and "Big" (elephant).)

To fit with the giving part of this theme, I made and used a version of "My Aunt Came Back" based on the book My Aunt Came Back by Pat Cummings.












We finished with tissue flowers made from dum dum pops and tissue paper. Find instructions here.

No comments:

Post a Comment